Please help with equipment list

The equipment pad can be lower than the pool surface if it has to be. That tends to cause problems, but it is possible.

My personal favorite is to have the pad be just a few inches below the surface of the pool, so the pump strainer basket is just a couple of inches above the surface of the pool. That makes priming the pump really fast and easy.

Just talked to the builder. We still plan on breaking ground on the 18th. :party: :cheers:

Also, found out the equipment pad will be even or slightly lower that the top of the pool. I think he said this will also help with backwashing?

Another question,

I just got off the phone with another company that quoted our pool. I told him that we had decided to go with another company and of coarse we wasn't very happy.

He basically said that all of his equipment was better. He quoted me the DE Filter with whisper (?) and 2 inch pipe.

He said that the Hayward S244T sand filter only had a 1.5 inch pipe inside so basically the 2 inch pipe we are using is pointless because of the 1.5 in the sand filter?

Is this true and if so does it really matter?

dankfoot said:
Another question,

I just got off the phone with another company that quoted our pool. I told him that we had decided to go with another company and of coarse we wasn't very happy.

He basically said that all of his equipment was better. He quoted me the DE Filter with whisper (?) and 2 inch pipe.

He said that the Hayward S244T sand filter only had a 1.5 inch pipe inside so basically the 2 inch pipe we are using is pointless because of the 1.5 in the sand filter?

Is this true and if so does it really matter?

I have the Hayward 244T and the rated flow is 62 GPM at that flow rate 1.5 pipe would be fine. There is nothing wrong with 2" it just costs a little more.

2" pipe is better than 1.5" pipe, though the difference is usually small. Larger pipes will improve the overall efficiency of the system. Having the pipe narrow down in one small area, for example at the filter, does not change this. Even with part of the system at 1.5", the more of the plumbing that is 2" the better. Again, this usually only makes a small difference. The higher the flow rate, the more important it is to use larger pipes.

Running several parallel pipes is another way to get the same effect. For example, a single 2" pipe that splits at the pool to feed two returns is just about the same as having two 1.5" pipes that each run all the way from the equipment pad to an individual return.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.