whisperflow motor swap

no-mas

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 16, 2008
FL
Hi folks. I'm about ready to switch the motor on my whisperflow to a two speed and am considering a tightwatt2 to control it. Anybody have experience with this timer? What are the intermatic 2-speed timers?

Regarding the motor swap, any pitfalls to watch out for? I'll replace all the seals, o-rings etc, but haven't done one before - just want to see if anybody has caveats to share.

Thanks for any and all input!

Well I replace motors as part of my job. Its not too hard at all. Make sure you replace your pump seal because this is 9 times out 10 why your motor went in the first place. I replace mine every year. If it goes it allows water to back up into your motor. Make sure when you install it, that you put it ceramic to graphite, or you will see a lot of smoke when you plug it in. If you have any questions about replacing your motor, just message me.

You will probably want a new seal kit as you can damage the old one removing the motor. The usually come with the shaft impeller seal as well as an impeller ring.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.