Having read all the articles in pool school, i feel like this site/forum has already help sooo much in our decision to keep the pool if possible rather than getting rid of it. We are currenly working on the inside of the house (entire house was a mess), but the pool is next in line to be dealt with.
Pool in question is an oval above ground pool, rough estimate would be 18x10ft (Ill measure it when i get a chance). has a cover somewhat on it. looks like someone did take the time to cover it but after that it wasnt cared for. I am hoping that was the case. I also see some sort of pillow i think it was suppose to be holding the cover up so the water would drain off the cover but it didnt work out that way because the pillow looking thing is now on the side next to the pool wall. There are 2 submercible pumps next to the pool, the ladder was taken out of the pool and set aside with all the nets and hoses. There is also what looks to be a reel to put the cover on, if the cover was in good shape.
Looking at the pump, filter and pipes brings up a lot of questions. What looks like the pipe that returns water back to the pool is not connected. looks like it broke. So that will be something ill have to take care of before worrying about the water in the pool. I am pretty comfortable working with the chemicals once i get all the other issues worked out. I will be ordering a test kit and testing and posting numbers.
My ultimate plan is to start off with the BBB diet eventually getting a SWG. getting solar blanket and solar heater mounted on the roof.
1) Can anyone tell what kind of filter that is? the label on it is no longer readable.
2) How will i know if i need to replace the liner?
3) How do i test everything to make sure they are in working condition before connecting everything back up?
4) ill probably google how to connect pvc piping to fix the issues with the piping but any input there would help.
5) I live in northern VA and the weather is starting to warm up. When should i start removing the gunk from the pool and getting her started?
sorry for the huge crappy pics. these are from my phone.
Ive attached a few pictures in hopes to get some answers. these pics were taken a month or two ago.