Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What do I use for my coping and decking?

1. Back To Top    #1

What do I use for my coping and decking?

Hello!

We are in the process of getting bids on a new pool. I have been doing quite a bit of reading and research. I have read all the potential issues of the SWCG but that is still what we want. So one re-occuring theme is the potential damage to flagstone and limestone that the salt water may cause. But what I haven't seen is recommendations on what to use?

So based on your opinions what would be the best type of decking and coping to use in a new pool build?

Thanks,
    Marcy
    20,000 inground
    SWG

2. Back To Top    #2
    Concrete can be colored and textured to look very much like stone and is quite robust. One thing to keep in mind is that a single kind of stone varies quite a bit depending on where it was quarried and sometimes even within a single quarry. If possible try to get a local stone expert to say which kinds of stone, as they are available in your area, are appropriate.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    I had the same dilema on my pool build. I ended up going with concrete with the standard acrylic lace overlay. One product that was just out of my price range was www.artisticpavers.com

This was a very nice product to look at and walk on in the hot sun. You can call them and they will place ou in contact with a local rep that can recomend installers, etc.

Good luck on your decision!
    1980's Shasta built 30,000 gal inground diving pool. Pebble-tec interior. Pentair DE Filter. In ground pop-ups. Hayward Navigator sweeper.