Our "new" hot tub

Feb 18, 2010
Houston, TX
* No questions really, just wanted to share with everyone here. *

As some of you already know, my wife and I got a used hot tub a little while back. For the tub, control pack, and 2 pumps, we paid $150. I had to get materials to build the frame, and had to replace the plumbing between the heater and the circ. pump. While I was at it, I put in a water hose bib to drain the tub since it didn't have one. This way, I can just hook up a hose and drain it wherever I want, without having to siphon the water out. For the tub and all materials, I paid at most $375. Not bad, huh?

My fill water #s: (from water softener)

FC - 0
CC - 0
TC - 0
pH - 7.4
Alk - 370
CH - 0
CYA - 0

#s after balancing:

FC - 4
CC - 0
TC - 4
pH - 7.6
Alk - 60
CH - 140
CYA - 40

Here are some pics of the tub, the ones taken at night didn't come out well, but I tried.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/47779136@N08/

I just went ahead and disconnected the switch, because I was testing all of the switches in the pack (with the pump disconnected, of course) and found that when the low speed engages, the high does not shut off. Mmm, crispy pump! :shock: I already have to replace one pump, I'd rather not make it both.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.