How hard to clean DE Filter

PaulR said:
I am fully in tune with the environmental aspect; the question is whether the non-phosphate versions still get the job done. The consensus (on another forum, I think) was no. Sounds like you hold a different opinion. I have no experience in the matter either way.
--paulr

I don't hold a different opinion about phosphates being a superior additive in cleaners. Shoot, we can see a difference right in our kitchen, when we don't use dishwasher detergent with phosphate content. Some of the articles you'll find suggest that phosphate substitution can be more problematic for waste management than phosphates. Just trying to do my part at cutting down. I'm especially sensitive, at the moment, as I'm collecting up products and batteries and spent fluorescent bulbs for our annual, city hazmat roundup this weekend. It's really great especially as you drive through and someone unloads it from your car. It's almost like a festival.

gg=alice

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.