Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My pump pressure guage

1. Back To Top    #1

My pump pressure guage

I am not sure how old my equipment is, but it all seems to be working. When I got back from my christmas break around end of December, I did a good backwash. Dropped the pressure down to around 10. Every since then the pressure guage has stayed around 10-11, but recently has gotten up to around 12-13 and does not go any higher as of yesterday. There is plenty of pressure as when I vacuum it pulls up stuff with no issues. The outlets in the pool are putting out a lot of pressure and the pool looks clean. So is there a way to test the guage or should I not worry about it? I have vacuumed a few times this weekend and there was a lot of dirt and the presure has moved up to around the 12-13 which I am sure has to due with the small particles that were not caught by the filter basket. Before I backwashed it was a little over 20, maybe around 22-23. If you want me to post pictures of my equipment I can as they are in another thread.

Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My pump pressure guage

Everything you describe sounds like your pressure gauge is working correctly. They most often break by getting stuck in a single location, which obviously isn't happening.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

It just seems like a long time between backwashing. I guess that could have to do with the pool not really being used for swimming.

4. Back To Top    #4

It is also possible that some debris has found its way into the sensor mechanism and has dampened the sensitivity of the gauge. Happened once to me. I unscrewed it, rinsed it out real good, and replaced it. Worked fine after that.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT