Cheap Boric Acid in Cali - YMMV

svenpup

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 18, 2009
Sacramento, CA
In my quest for a cheap source of borates that did not involve gallons of muriatic acid, I came across http://www.galladechem.com/.

They have 50 lbs Granular Tech Grade Boric Acid (p/n B10600), but you have to contact them to get a price.

The responded to my query with $44.50 for the bag ($0.89 /lb).

They also claim to have "free shipping to most of California", but they told me their trucks don't go to Sacramento.

They quoted me $34 for shipping, so this is still a pretty good deal, but if you live within their free shipping area, or close enough to one of their 4 facilities to pick it up, this would be a great deal. :party:

Does anyone have any feedback about this company? They have the cheapest price by far, at least for CA residents, and they have a store about 30 miles from me.

Their website says that they do not sell chemicals to individuals, only commercial businesses. Did you have any trouble placing an order?

I have a pool company, and ordered under that. I have another 400 lbs arriving today. I love this stuff - so simple! Adjust T/A, then dump it in! It dissolves way faster than borax, and doesn't need acid.

Received a very terse reply to my RFQ:

"Peter,

No sale to private resident and that application.

Regards,"

You'd think they could be at least a little nicer...

Odd, they're very nice up here. I know there's TFP guys in SD, ping one and see if they'll go in on an order w/you. I'd do it, but Gilroy would be a long-way for you to drive :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.