Easytouch Help

cson

Mar 3, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
We just bought a pool with a Pentair system, and I cannot figure out how to work this think. I read the online reference manuals on the pentair website, but I still cannot figure out how to work the system.

Basically, the only way I can get the pump to turn on is if I turn on one of the features - such as jets, cleaner, etc. When the schedule starts at 9am, the pump actually starts up for a minute, and then shuts off. When I manually turn on the Filter Pump, the little led light indicating that it is on turns on, but the pump will not turn on. If I hit one of the auxiliary buttons that is set to jets or cleaner, the pump will turn on.

If someone can please help me figure this out, I would be grateful.

Welcome to TFP :wave: where you find a lot of knowledgable people willing to help you. :goodjob: Please if you can post some pics, this would be very helpful :-D Someone with a lot more knowledge than I will come along and provide you with answers :cheers: :cheers:

Buy what you have written, it sounds like the Aux's labels may have been changed. maybe the best thing would be to clear the memory and start over. Thats the easy way, but its destructive, meaning it will erase your programs as well. You can also go in and correct the problem areas if you feel confident that you will be able to. Rather than drone on about how, i hope these help.

Let me know if you can't get to these

It sounds like the EasyTouch system is not setup correctly. If you just bought the pool, your best bet might be to talk to the builder. It is also possible to do the reconfiguration yourself, but that takes a fair bit of reading and figuring things out. In the long run, it is worth you time to figure those things out, but right now it might be better to have the builder fix things.

Sounds like the Auto program got messed up some way. If you press the M button and put it in Service mode, the F button should turn on and off the pump manually. If that works, it tells me the Auto programing needs to be cleared. If its new and you just bought it, the builder should help you out. The Easytouch manual could use a good re-writing by a competent technical writer, IMO. It's kinds tough to figure out at first. Its a good system, but the documentation is a bit lacking.

Thanks for everyone's reply. Actually what I meant to say is that we bought a house with a pool. Unfortunately, the previous owners left us nothing in terms of documentation or how the pool system is setup and the warranty is non-transferable. The house is only two years old, so the pool can't be any older than that.

I did reset the EEPROM and was able to program the filter pump for the pool and the spa and also the lights. I just need to figure out how to setup the rest of the system - jets, spill-away, etc.

Yeah, the documentation is little lacking, and the Intelliflow menu is quite different from the documentation - it only has one pump and four slots - so I set them for solar, spa, jets, and cleaner, but I'm still a little confused.

You can download the manual from Pentair's website for the EasyTouch if you have not already done it. Clearing the EPROM sounds like it helped. The Auto programming for pump run time is pretty straightforward, actually. Assigning the AUX circiuts names the YOU like and know what they control will make it easier to program everything else. My advice is to download the manual, read and re-read it while playing with the system. If you really mess something up and can't get back to where you were, just clear the EPROM again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.