Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Easytouch Help

1. Back To Top    #1

Easytouch Help

We just bought a pool with a Pentair system, and I cannot figure out how to work this think. I read the online reference manuals on the pentair website, but I still cannot figure out how to work the system.

Basically, the only way I can get the pump to turn on is if I turn on one of the features - such as jets, cleaner, etc. When the schedule starts at 9am, the pump actually starts up for a minute, and then shuts off. When I manually turn on the Filter Pump, the little led light indicating that it is on turns on, but the pump will not turn on. If I hit one of the auxiliary buttons that is set to jets or cleaner, the pump will turn on.

If someone can please help me figure this out, I would be grateful.
    20,000 gallons
    Intellichlor IC 40
    In Ground
    Pebble Tec
    No idea on the size of the pump or flow rate

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Easytouch Help

Welcome to TFP where you find a lot of knowledgable people willing to help you. Please if you can post some pics, this would be very helpful Someone with a lot more knowledge than I will come along and provide you with answers
    5,775 gal, IG free form, Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish, 2 swim out benches, Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues, StaRite Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter replaced with Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15, Polaris 360, Pentair 300w Light upgraded to Pentair IntelliBrite (OMG what a huge difference) , Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers, solar cover, TF-100 test kit, Pentair Deck Jet, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer (Makes testing a breeze), Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Margarita Concoction Machine,
    Pics of our Spool ( Social Pool) being built Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Buy what you have written, it sounds like the Aux's labels may have been changed. maybe the best thing would be to clear the memory and start over. Thats the easy way, but its destructive, meaning it will erase your programs as well. You can also go in and correct the problem areas if you feel confident that you will be able to. Rather than drone on about how, i hope these help.

Let me know if you can't get to these
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

4. Back To Top    #4

It sounds like the EasyTouch system is not setup correctly. If you just bought the pool, your best bet might be to talk to the builder. It is also possible to do the reconfiguration yourself, but that takes a fair bit of reading and figuring things out. In the long run, it is worth you time to figure those things out, but right now it might be better to have the builder fix things.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Sounds like the Auto program got messed up some way. If you press the M button and put it in Service mode, the F button should turn on and off the pump manually. If that works, it tells me the Auto programing needs to be cleared. If its new and you just bought it, the builder should help you out. The Easytouch manual could use a good re-writing by a competent technical writer, IMO. It's kinds tough to figure out at first. Its a good system, but the documentation is a bit lacking.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

6. Back To Top    #6

What model is the pump? It should have a tag on it. Is there only one pump?

Maybe the valves are in the wrong position for it to filter?
    40 X 26 Free Form Pool with attached 9 X 7 Spa raised 18" with 8 Jets and Spillover, and an Art Rock Waterfall/Grotto with accent rocks, 26,000 gallons
    Intelliflo VF-3050 for Pool, VS-3050 for Spa Jets, VS-3050 for Waterfall/Grotto, Quad DE 80, 400K BTU Mastertemp, Intellitouch i7+3 w/ iS10 10 Function Spa-Side Remote, Intellichlor IC40 Salt Chlorinator, Telephone Remote, 2 Intellibrites for Pool/ 1 for Spa, Solar Panels on 2 story Roof w/ 75% coverage
    Pebble Tec Tropical Breeze Tsunami's Pool Build

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks for everyone's reply. Actually what I meant to say is that we bought a house with a pool. Unfortunately, the previous owners left us nothing in terms of documentation or how the pool system is setup and the warranty is non-transferable. The house is only two years old, so the pool can't be any older than that.

I did reset the EEPROM and was able to program the filter pump for the pool and the spa and also the lights. I just need to figure out how to setup the rest of the system - jets, spill-away, etc.

Yeah, the documentation is little lacking, and the Intelliflow menu is quite different from the documentation - it only has one pump and four slots - so I set them for solar, spa, jets, and cleaner, but I'm still a little confused.
    20,000 gallons
    Intellichlor IC 40
    In Ground
    Pebble Tec
    No idea on the size of the pump or flow rate

8. Back To Top    #8

You can download the manual from Pentair's website for the EasyTouch if you have not already done it. Clearing the EPROM sounds like it helped. The Auto programming for pump run time is pretty straightforward, actually. Assigning the AUX circiuts names the YOU like and know what they control will make it easier to program everything else. My advice is to download the manual, read and re-read it while playing with the system. If you really mess something up and can't get back to where you were, just clear the EPROM again.
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

9. Back To Top    #9

http://www.pentairpool.com/pool-pro/...ection.php?s=5

URL above is to all of the Pentair manuals
    11,000 IG gunite pool with 8X8 SPA[*]PENTAIR WHISPERFLO 2HP UP-RATE ENERGY EFFICIENT, ]EasyTouch 8SC-IC20 for Pool & Spa with Chlorinator[*]IntelliBrite® Color LED (2),MasterTemp® 400 btu propane Heaters[*]Aqualcal HeatWave SuperQuiet SQ155, Paramount ECOPOOL