How is Polaris 360 different from Polaris 380?

MrVas

Mar 6, 2010
Hi,

Are there any internal differences between a Polaris 360 and 380? The reason I'm asking is that I have Polaris 380 (booster pump powered) and I wouldn't mind getting rid of the booster pump (less energy usage, less complexity, etc.). This winter I have installed a new Hayward S270T2 sand filter along with a Jandy SHPF1.5 pool pump and now I have more pressure from the return lines than ever before. The main return line is a 1.5" line, while the sweep line is a 1" line.

Thank you in advance,

Vas

They are basically the same inside except for the fittings for the different hose sizes. If your pump has enough pressure I would go with the 360. Don't have to pay to run pump and worry about upkeep on booster pump.

Thank you both for your answers. I have checked with the local Leslie's Pool Supply store this afternoon and have been told internally they are the same, the only difference being a mast and hose (bigger diameter).

Just to follow up, the Polaris 360 has been installed and after reading the manual properly and noticing "hold cleaner below water level" to measure RPM, I realized I'm only getting 18 RPM. This would explain why the sweep tail is a little "sluggish" and is mostly just being dragged behind. On to the next phase of my experiment - plug one of the returns to see what happens.

Vas

It's now been two weeks with the Polaris 360 running at around 18-20 RPM, and I'm quite satisfied with its performance. There's been two major storms, worms in the pool, and it has managed to pick it all up with anyone having to clean the pool. I guess around 28 RPM would be nice, but it seems to work as it is.

Vas

MrVas said:
It's now been two weeks with the Polaris 360 running at around 18-20 RPM, and I'm quite satisfied with its performance. There's been two major storms, worms in the pool, and it has managed to pick it all up with anyone having to clean the pool. I guess around 28 RPM would be nice, but it seems to work as it is.

Vas

Hello and how are you? I ended up buying a 380 (used on craigislist for $50) without the booster pump. Turns out I need the 360 for my pool setup. Since the internals are the same. What parts did you buy to make it fit and use for the skimmer suction. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

MrVas said:
Thank you both for your answers. I have checked with the local Leslie's Pool Supply store this afternoon and have been told internally they are the same, the only difference being a mast and hose (bigger diameter).

Did they have the mast and hose with bigger diameter in stock? Do you have the part number by anychance? Thanks.

mge_1 said:
Hello and how are you? I ended up buying a 380 (used on craigislist for $50) without the booster pump. Turns out I need the 360 for my pool setup. Since the internals are the same. What parts did you buy to make it fit and use for the skimmer suction. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Bump. I have the exact same problem. Customer purchased a 380 for their pool instead of a 360 and would like to convert it to run on return line pressure.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
mge_1 said:
MrVas said:

Vas

Did you ever get the 380 to work? Curious what happened.

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.