tiny bubbles

Jen

Mar 5, 2010
Hello- I know nothing about pools. We purchased a home with a four year old pebble tec pool that has a Hayward vacuum and sand filter. It is a regular chlorine pool. We have never experienced any problems until we purchased a new robot guy that travels around the pool. The new vacuum part worked great until we attached the new hose that came with the vacuum. The Hayward rep came to the house and he seems stumped. Apparently, they put some sort of UV coating on the newer hoses that is attracting tiny bubbles to it which, after time, makes the vacuum float above the bottom of the pool. We have always noticed that the pool is akin to champagne in that it seems almost aerated with little bubbles when agitated. Our chemicals always test normal, although, we are due to have the pool drained due to the hardness level. Does anyone have any other suggestions or has anyone else experienced this problem. Thanks.

OK, I was bad and didn't read that you needed other information. The pool is 20,000 gallons. It has a spa, water features and really strange fire pots although I don't think any of that is contributing to the tiny bubbles since we only turn that stuff on a couple of times a year.

Jen said:
Hello- I know nothing about pools. We purchased a home with a four year old pebble tec pool that has a Hayward vacuum and sand filter.

What model equipment? For example, 24" sand filter, 1-1/2 HP Super Pump, Navigator, etc....
How long have you been in the home now?

Jen said:
It is a regular chlorine pool. We have never experienced any problems until we purchased a new robot guy that travels around the pool. The new vacuum part worked great until we attached the new hose that came with the vacuum.

I assume that means you were using the old hose for a period of time. What happened to the old hose and how long were you using it?

Jen said:
The Hayward rep came to the house and he seems stumped. Apparently, they put some sort of UV coating on the newer hoses that is attracting tiny bubbles to it which, after time, makes the vacuum float above the bottom of the pool. We have always noticed that the pool is akin to champagne in that it seems almost aerated with little bubbles when agitated. Our chemicals always test normal, although, we are due to have the pool drained due to the hardness level. Does anyone have any other suggestions or has anyone else experienced this problem. Thanks.

Air sticks to things under water sometimes, depending on the surface it's adhering to. Eventually, it falls off due to agitation. WRT to the hose, many hoses for suction side cleaners float and need doughnut shaped weights to stay at the correct angle the cleaner needs.

A picture or a link to an album at photobucket.com of the pool with the sweep and equipment will tell us a lot!

Scott

Hi, Jen,

Welcome to the forum! :lol:

I second JohnT's idea of a full set of water chemistry test results. Do you have them available? S-o-o-o many issues can be solved getting your water in balance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.