Thoughts on buying a pump on ebay

The only concern that I would have would have to do with having the warranty coverage. Not totally sure, but I do believe that some manufacturers won't extend a warranty on a product that has been resold, whether it is in factory packaging or not.

On the other hand though, like laurandavid09 said, if they have good feedback then that's a good thing. And if the deal is really good, it may be worth going after.

Many of us get around the warranty issue (iRobot doesn't extend any warranty for eBay purchases unless the Seller is an authorized seller) with previously unregistered iRobot 'bots, purchased on eBay, by registering them as gifts. Worth checking into.

gg=alice

I have bought quite a lot off eBay including a 1-1/2 H.P. main pump. I don't remember the exact numbers, but I know I got the pump and had it installed for about $150 less than the pool store wanted for the pump alone not including installation. It was brand new and I had no problem registering the warranty. I also bought a new Polaris 280 pool cleaner for a lot less than I could find anywhere else, and didn't have any trouble with registering. In fact the relief valve was faulty and the factory sent me a new one with no questions asked.

Just be sure the seller has good ratings and a reasonable return policy. I will never buy from anyone that does not accept returns nor will I buy something that is too good to be true. If someone is selling a $500 item for $10.00 then I think it is stolen or defective or it's just a scam and I would never receive it anyway.

Some of the sellers are official pool stores and the company will warranty from them. I bought my intellibrite for $275 (could not pass on this) from an approved ebay company and had no problem registering it. We turn it on almost every nite for a couple of hours while enjoying cocktails in the Flamingo lounge. :cheers: :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.