Recommend Outdoor Minifridge

Thinkly

Oct 12, 2009
Overland Park, KS
I have a covered deck out by my pool and would like to put a minifridge outside for the, ahem.....adult beverages. :cheers: I don't want to spend a lot and again this area is covered and should be pretty immune to rain although it could get a bit wet from the sides. ANy suggestions?

When we did out last backyard, we went to Lowes and picked up a minifridge for a little over a hundred bucks and it lasted out in the weather for 6yrs and kept many a beverage nice and cold.

I couldn't say anything about an outdoor application but have to share this testimonial.

I have a Sanyo purchased in SE Asia (but still 110v) in 1969. I can remember moving it to 6 locations (at least) and it is currently sitting on my covered porch and running perfectly.......exactly like the day it was purchased.

It sat in a garage here in NC for over 10 of those years and the outside always got black with mildew because it sweated so much in the summer.

It got inadvertently unplugged one summer and the inside turned black, green, yellow and whatever color you could imagine. Comet, Clorox, and soap restored it to like new. I would purchase a Sanyo again. :shock: :shock:

I still had my old college dorm mini fridge when we built our covered tiki bar two summers ago. Was just your usual cheap minifridge, nothing special, and so we figured that it would be no loss if it didnt survive the weather. It has survived two summers and two winters, just unplugged at the end of the swim season, just fine. We built it up under the bar counter, so it does get some protection, but so far so good! :cheers:

I had a fullsize fridge under a covered deck, outfitted as a kegerator. It's gone now, but the only thing I had to watch was rust-through on the sides, where the integrated shelves were welded in. The fridge ran great, but usually every year, I would have to grind a little rust off, bondo it, and apply some rattle-can appliance paint or rustoleum.

This one barely fit under the covered part of the deck...if you're going to put completely under, just watch for condensation on the sides. Should be fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.