SuperGator

Mar 2, 2010
While I'm a new member on the board I've been reading for some time. We built a 38000-40000 gallon pool last year with a copper ionization sanitation system. I'll post all the equipment specifics at a later date.

I've enjoyed reading many of the threads here and plan on reading many more.

Welcome to TFP :wave: Wonder if you might be in my backyard :eek: no-mas is a fellow gator so are we :-D
Glad to have you on board :cheers: :cheers:

Hey SuperGator :wave: Welcome. See, I can be nice to a Gator fan :lol: Hey, I can hook you up with a nice avatar if you want :twisted: Just ask no-mas :wink: It'll definately have orange in it. :lol:

Thanks for all the welcomes guys/gals. I am from St Augustine originally. Live in East Texas now and love it there. I'm away from the homestead for a few weeks but will doing some work on getting a little copper stain out when I get home and will probably be looking for some recommendations from you guys. I hope we have a few copper ionization experienced users around. If not, I'll soon become pretty knowledgeable about it and keeping the water balanced so the copper doesn't drop out of solution like it did on me last year leading to my current copper stain.

We were all waiting for this post. Sorry it had to happen to you but in almost every instance of mineral system use there's the inevitable metal staining. Around here we don't advocate the use of such systems and if you'll take time to read pool school and search for ionization systems you can find plenty of reading material. Here's one Ionization topic you can read to get you started.

We're here to help, but in all honesty, you won't get much help in maintaining your ion system but you'll get lots of help maintaining your pool wonderfully. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That's fine, Bama. I wasn't to educated in the water balancing and had the copper drop out of solution. I'm going to work on it really hard this season along with getting the stain out. I'll also be taking my water in for testing to see if we have any critters swimming around that the copper isn't taking care of and adding what ever sanitation I need including swapping the system out if need be with a SWG system.

It appears you have the right attitude. There are a lot of us in the "been there, done that, own the shirt" category. Leaning toward a SWCG is a idea. Lots of people here have and love them. We have several SWG experts around here and they're glad to help with any questions you have.

Your best first move is to get your own test kit. Either the TF-100 linked to in my signature or the Taylor K-2006 is what you need. Don't be fooled by the K-2005 that most Leslies stock. That way you're not relying on someone else to do your testing and you can test whenever you like.

You should begin reading Pool School as well. It'll give you much needed info in maintaining your pool.