My DIY pool build

esim13,

Thanks for asking.

I've poured the deck; I finally went for just concrete with a no slid finish. I thought to use tile or stamped concrete but I was not confortable about sliding in tile or seal every some years the stamped concrete. Let's see how this finish works.

As you can see, I used some expansion joints. I also used fiber in the concrete, and will use the sikaflex 1CSL to fill the joints; I learned here about it; thanks TFP.

Here are two pictures.

Next step is to install the venetian tile, I already have it and if there is no rain this weekend, I'll do it and hope to finish it because my litlle boy starts on the next weekend the little league tournaments and I will have a lot to games to see and little free time.

Attachments

• Alberca (48) copy.jpg
    Alberca (48) copy.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 282
  • Alberca (51) copy.jpg
    Alberca (51) copy.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 282
That is some very nice work gumarogarc :goodjob: That was alot of work digging that out. Can't wait to see the tile work. You'll probably have the least expensive pool build on this forum :lol:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for your comments whoozer, Shane1 and beaumatt.

I started the tile work last weekend, too optimistic to finish in one weekend, it will take two.

orthofish, mkenion2, yes the cost is low, 4.6K, including the TFtestkit and maintenance kit. The only things remaining to buy is a led light lamp and Sika 1CSL, the total will be 4.9K. :cool:

so, pictures..... :party: :party:

The date in pictures is offset 3 days, sorry.

Attachments

• Alberca 3.JPG
    Alberca 3.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 232
  • Alberca 2.JPG
    Alberca 2.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 232
  • Alberca 1.JPG
    Alberca 1.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 232
Hi everyone,

The tile are ready :party: :party: :party:

Altougth I'm not ready yet to fill the pool, Alex (Hurricane) thinks different and filled a half of the pool, 25.6 inches of water in three days.

Anyway, as I used the pool pump to take out the water, it was usefull to calculate the time to turn over the water when the pool be full.

It took 50 minutes to empty the half pool, I calculate 64.8 gpm, without the filter and with 70' of 1-1/2" flat hose, so the design initial calculation of 2.1 hrs to one turn over may be reached.

Here are some pictures.

Attachments

• DSCN0198-1.jpg
    DSCN0198-1.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 151
  • DSCN0201-1.jpg
    DSCN0201-1.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 151

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.