Thinking of switching to a SWG

Mar 1, 2010
I do not want to hijack a thread but I am thinking of switching to a SWG but do not know a thing about them!
If the possibility that you might be hijacking a thread occurs to you, then you should start a new thread :) Thanks JasonLion

14 x 30 IG pool with 1.5 HP pump - 4.5 feet deep
use smart sticks for clorine
New 20 or 22 inch sand filter system

How much would it cost to convert?

Is it a hard process?

Does it still use most of my existing pump, filter system and so on?

I am just in the process over the next 30-60 days of changing the liner and replacing the light as it is burnt out and thought it might be a good idea to do this at the same time.

If someone can point me to some sites that sell them and where I can read about them.

Thanks

Adding a SWG is fairly easy, and experienced installed can usual install one in under an hour. The SWG cell is inserted in some existing pipe and the power supply/control panel is mounted somewhere. None of your other equipment is affected.

Here is one place to read about a SWG. There is also a good overview in Pool School.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.