Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Thinking of switching to a SWG

1. Back To Top    #1

Thinking of switching to a SWG

I do not want to hijack a thread but I am thinking of switching to a SWG but do not know a thing about them!
    If the possibility that you might be hijacking a thread occurs to you, then you should start a new thread Thanks JasonLion

14 x 30 IG pool with 1.5 HP pump - 4.5 feet deep
    use smart sticks for clorine
    New 20 or 22 inch sand filter system

How much would it cost to convert?

Is it a hard process?

Does it still use most of my existing pump, filter system and so on?

I am just in the process over the next 30-60 days of changing the liner and replacing the light as it is burnt out and thought it might be a good idea to do this at the same time.

If someone can point me to some sites that sell them and where I can read about them.

Thanks
    14 x 30 above ground vinyl indoor
    New Pentair Whisperflow 1.25 HP pump - pump runs 18 hours/day
    New 22 Hayward Sand Filter with Zeobryte
    New Vanee HRV system

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Thinking of switching to a SWG

Adding a SWG is fairly easy, and experienced installed can usual install one in under an hour. The SWG cell is inserted in some existing pipe and the power supply/control panel is mounted somewhere. None of your other equipment is affected.

Here is one place to read about a SWG. There is also a good overview in Pool School.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

How handy would I have to be to install one of these myself? ... or is it better left to a pro?
    ----------------------
    20,500 gal gunite pool w/ PebbleTec and infloor cleaning system.
    Sta-Rite System 3 cartridge filter.
    Houston, TX

4. Back To Top    #4

Reasonable handy and knowledgeable. Use the right glue, measure twice, cut once. Have a good understanding of outdoor wiring requirements and tools.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.