Trying new avatar

It appears that your avatar is only 20x20 pixels.

Mine is 98x95 which I affixed using Micosoft Office Picture Manager.

Other programs should enable you to crop/shrink a favorite image so that the image file is less than or equal to 120x120 at less than 9 kbytes. Check the image's size and pixels via folder/directory listing before uploading it. You can even grab mine (right click, copy) and paste it into a folder before uploading.

Note that I charge a monthly fee for continued use: $7.70

Try using Microsoft's Paint program. It should be under Start/Accessories on your Windows computer. Bring up the (over-sized) image, on the Image menu, note the number of pixels w/ Attributes... and then reduce the size of the picture with the Stretch/Skew function (Ctrl-W, if I remember correctly) by sizing it 80% or whatever works to reduce the picture to the size you want.

Save it under a different name. If you make a mistake or don't like the output, re-open the unmodified larger version and try again. If you don't want to mess with yours... practice with the file I uploaded. It's proportioned to be a square.

Attachments

• _118x118_OmegaCentauri_region_Hubble_2009a.jpg
    _118x118_OmegaCentauri_region_Hubble_2009a.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 131
Finally got one to work. I can't get the file size small enough on this one, which is the one I wanted. If I get file size small enough you can't see the pic.

Attachments

• Av-UT-Titans1.jpg
    Av-UT-Titans1.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 127

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Mike, I figured I'd hear from no-mas about this, but YOU :?: :?: :( I'm stunned. :?
Go ahead Gator, I was waiting on you :lol: (and I'm being ladylike with the spelling of Gator :-D . and I know, you know, huh, no-mas :cool: )

orthofish said:
Mike, I figured I'd hear from no-mas about this, but YOU :?: :?: :( I'm stunned. :?
Go ahead Gator, I was waiting on you :lol: (and I'm being ladylike with the spelling of Gator :-D . and I know, you know, huh, no-mas :cool: )

I know, I know, you don't expect such things out of fellow Tennesseans, but I absolutely can't stand the Vols or the Titans. Being around a bunch of obnoxious Vol fans when I was younger turned me off of them; plus, I'm a fan of the Fighting Irish, so most UT fans despise me as well.. :lol: (We've also got season tickets to Vandy). Pro ball, I've always been a Steelers fan, and the Titans are still the Oilers to me, and will be as long as Bud Adams owns them.

Now I do pull for the Predators, so that's a good thing, right??

MikeInTN said:
[
I know, I know, you don't expect such things out of fellow Tennesseans, but I absolutely can't stand the Vols or the Titans. Being around a bunch of obnoxious Vol fans when I was younger turned me off of them; plus, I'm a fan of the Fighting Irish, so most UT fans despise me as well.. :lol: (We've also got season tickets to Vandy). Pro ball, I've always been a Steelers fan, and the Titans are still the Oilers to me, and will be as long as Bud Adams owns them.

Now I do pull for the Predators, so that's a good thing, right??

Well, you might live close to me, but I don't see us watching any ballgames together :-D I can't stand any of your afore mentioned teams. :grrrr: Except for the Preds of course.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.