Northern Middle Tn.
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I ran a full set of numbers today since I haven't done it in awhile. Here they are:
FC 2
CC 0
TC 2
pH 7.4
T/A 50
CH 160
CYA 70
Temp43
Salt 3300
The CH number troubles me more than anything. I don't want to damage my gelcoat and it's gonna be $250 worth of Calcium Chloride :shock: Should I be doing that now, even with winter still hanging around???

You should be fine where you are now. Raise CH a little when it is convenient, no need to do it right away.

I don't understand why you are saying that calcium chloride will cost $250. By my calculation you need roughly 20 lbs of calcium to raise CH to around 250, which even at pool store prices will be around $40, or way less if you can find some DowFlake or Tetra. Even raising CH to 350 should cost less than $70 at a pool store (or $15 at a hardware store).

Duh, I crunched my numbers wrong :hammer: You're exactly right Jason. Whew, what a relief. I don't know what I'd do without you guys. :-D I'm not sure what Dow Flake or Tetra are. Are the amounts to add the same as Calcium Chloride?
Thanks a bunch for the quick reply. I'm going to put some chlorine in tonight, once the temps get below freezing and my pump kicks on :roll:
Geeeeez, I'm sooo ready for spring.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.