Winnter Motorcycle Trip to Labrador Canada

May 6, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
Hello everyone,

Hope you are all enjoying this wonderful wintery weather. :-D

I have just completed a trip through Northern Quebec and on to Cartwright NL, as a support vehicle and driver for four men riding motorcycles. Round trip from home in Southern Ontario approx. 7200 KM-about 4300 miles. It was quite an adventure . I create slide shows set to music as one of my hobbies so I've taken some photos and video clips and created a couple of shows of the trip. If you would like to view them , follow the links to YouTube below.One is titled Labrador Frozen Butt Tour, Time: 5:03

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-9g1yX0U8Q

and the other one is titled Running of the Caribou Time: 4:49
It's about the caribou we had to get around every few miles when we were way up in the frozen boonies riding on a snow and ice packed road between Churchill Falls and Goose Bay, NL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHAabpQ48oY

Cheers
oletrout
Gerry- the frozen Canuck

Thanks for both of these! I guess February is the only time of year you can do such a trip without being carried off by the skeeters :)

I've always wanted to go to Cartwright. My husband, himself a Canuck, has tried to convince me there are no roads that far North. I'm making him watch these videos.

Gerry how is your knees after a ride in that temperature?
It's an awesome video with great pictures but I can't help to think that it must help if you are a lil bit crazy to come up with the idea to ride a bike in the middle of the winter:) But I am not nonetheless impressed :goodjob:
I would be impressed by myself if the thought would cross my mind.

I guess the day will be fullfilled for you if the Canadians take the gold medal tonight. I will sit up and watch the game but I can't really make my mind up on wich team I shall keep un.

//Mats

Further to the shows I posted already regarding the Labrador Motorcycle trip, there is one more element to it, and that's the full story of one of the riders in the group who traveled from Baie Comeau to Cartwright.

Steve Becraft's historic winter motorcycle ride across Canada Jan/Feb 2010.

Steve did a 14,385 KM return trip from Sooke B.C. to Cartwright Labrador on his BMW Motorcycle, a feat never before accomplished by anyone. He left Sooke B.C. in January and met with myself and 3 other riders in Baie Comeau, Q.C. From there we traversed the Trans Labrador Highway to Cartwright Labrador and back. They were the first motorcycle riders in history to make this trip and I was fortunate enough to be along as their Support Vehicle to witness it and a portion of Steve's trip as he headed home.

After saying goodbye to his Frozen Butt Tour friends he rode the 1300KM to our home in Stoney Creek On. for a few days R&R, before departing for his own home in Sooke, B.C on the last leg of his epic winter motorcycle ride across Canada. This is a show commemorating Steve's awesome adventure.

Congratulations Steve. Well done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogvxl46PX9g

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.