New forum features now available

JasonLion

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2007
Silver Spring, MD
I have upgraded the forum software, adding several new features and a slightly different appearance.

The two most significant new features are the addition of a spelling checker on the post page and a quick reply form directly on the topic pages. There have also been dozens of minor changes and improvements to the look of the forum and the layout of various pages.

Enjoy!
Jason

The quick reply is much appreciated. :goodjob:

Would it be too much to ask for a "Home" tab though? I used it to navigate back and forth quite a bit. If it can't be done, then that is fine. I understand and I will survive without it. It was just sort of nice.

Thanks for your behind-the-scenes work and the continued improvements Jason. You do a great job for us!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Brentr said:
polyvue said:
Da spel ckr mks a beg diff n riten + i :-D qck rply 2 Ets gud! thx!
Polyvue, are you making fun of me???? :shock: :cheers:
Nope. Just expressing appreciation for the spell checker plug-in in the style of a Tweet. The checker is very useful to someone like me, whose fat fingers can't come close to accommodating all of those brain droppings.

Now, if poor taste and bad judgment led me to make fun of you, my post would certainly have included one or six sets of clinking beer mugs!

I really like the quick reply and am using it often - what's nice about it is if I switch to "full editor" my post doesn't vanish -unlike some other forums I've used where I type for awhile, switch and POOF it's gone and I have to start over!!!

Thanks for all your hard work Jason!

I like the new features, at least the ones I've played with.

The only problem I've seen is that the spell checker doesn't recognize "I'm" as a valid word. It doesn't matter much to me, since I use the spell check built into the browser, but I saw the button and decided to play with it.

Keep up the great work! :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.