LifeTime Supporter
Feb 23, 2008
Argyle, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So, it was discovered that we had termites in one of the fence posts in our back yard. This of course, necessitated treating our home. I took several bids. Nobody found evidence of termites in the home, but the evidence at the fence post was unmistakable.

They came out and treated our home which involved them digging a small trench around the house and applying the product around the foundation. In the areas that couldn't be dug, such as the front porch and back porch, they had to drill through the hard surface in order to apply the product in the soil underneath these areas. Afterwards, the pest control company plugged the holes with a type of plastic filler plug. These plugs are recessed about 1/8 of an inch below the surface.

I am curious to know what anyone has done to make these plugged areas a little more aesthetically pleasing in appearance? That back porch isn't such a concern as it is a pebble concrete surface and the holes really aren't noticeable. But what is noticeable is on our front porch where we have a brick and mortar surface. Holes were drilled in the mortar and plugged.

Should I just get some mortar and try to cover them? Or, should I try to put a dab of paint on these spots that closely compares to the color of the mortar? I realize that the pest control company may have to come back out and treat again in the future and would need to use the same holes that were drilled before and I wouldn't want to hamper their ability to do that.

Nothing is going to match exactly but mortar will be your best bet as far as asthetics go. I wouldn't worry too much about the next treatment as most of the soil injection treatments now last 10 years or better.

Thanks Bama, that's kind of what I was leaning towards doing. I just know that getting new mortar to stick to old mortar might be kind of tough to do.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.