18' x 36' pool build starting Monday.... like input from TFPers

Anybody looking to build, having our second step be 2' wide was a great choice. The stairs go the width of the pool. The wide second step is a great place for adults to sit and enjoy a beverage and watch the kids play. We are glad we did that vs tanning ledge.

Last edited:
A big thanks to TFPers for their input and suggestions. It helped our build turn out perfect and trouble free!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
TFP was for sure a big help.
We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP. We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.

Support TFP!

Reactions: Hadiguy05
I had mine built last year (18x36). I asked for a 2nd skimmer when they got the walls and sun ledge figured out. I did that to get more water to the pump pad, but I guess I didn't explain that very well with the PB. The day they came out and hooked up the 3 returns they put all of them on one 1.5" line. So I had to talk to the kids putting it in that this didn't make sense. Three 1.5" lines to the pump.. one 1.5" line out??? They split it into two runs from the pump pad. I also had some deck jets and a slide, so I'm glad I got them to put In the 2nd skimmer. The pump moves a bit of water with everything on, it would have struggled without it.

Definitely go with variable speed. Saves a lot of energy and some utility company's offer energy efficiency rebates.

Since my pool was filled in October... I don't have much else to contribute.. still learning.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.