18’ intex ground level with foam

Zone

May 25, 2020
Chicago
I am in the process of installing an 18’ foot Intex. Spent two days leveling so far. Have a 6” high spot so lots of digging.

I plan to use 1” rigid foam. I wanted to get your view on how level the ground has to be if using foam.
For example I assume some small divits won’t matter. Also thinking the foam will be a little more forgiving.

as for the post I plan to use pavers they are flush with the foam.
Would 1” pavers be too thin if so then will use 2” and dig down an inch I guess to make even.

I am in almost the same situation, also planning to use the 1 inch foam. Merc123, I know the pavers need to be sunk level with the ground, does the 1 inch foam then sit proud? Or should I sink the pavers but leave 1 inch so they are level with the foam? Thanks for any advice!

Most everyone here will tell you sink the pavers enough to be flush with the foam. I did not. My foam is above the pavers and we cut it around the legs so they are directly on the pavers.

I don’t have any ill effects yet but mine is just 1/2”.

Reactions: newtopoolsga
Most everyone here will tell you sink the pavers enough to be flush with the foam. I did not. My foam is above the pavers and we cut it around the legs so they are directly on the pavers.

I used 1/2” foam. The divots and low spots aren’t exactly very noticeable but if you’re looking for them you can find them.

Thank you. How level is your ground? Or is it more important to have it pretty level but worry more about pavers?

Reactions: Manda25

I did the exact same, and I used 1" foam. When I first started reading here all I ever saw was to dig in the pavers level with the ground, so that's what I did. It's only been recently that I've noticed people leaving them level with the foam. I suppose either way will work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.