I have a SWG, pebble pool that looks great and the water is crystal clear, however..... when I test my FC & TC there is enough of a discrepancy towards the higher TC level that makes me think I should shock the pool according to my "The Pool Calculator". Basically it says that if my CC is above .5, which I believe it is, I should shock the pool based on the Pool Calculator recommendation of a shock level of 11. What I need to know is for how long? I just started adding CYA so my levels are relatively low (see below). Oh yeah, I just started using the BBB method with absolutely great results but I am still a newbie to this whole thing. I have had my pool for about three years and I have never shocked it. I have changed about 1/2 of the water once so far.
Advice is very much appreciated.
Pool Size: Apprx: 20,000G
FC= 2.0, TC = almost 3 which should translate to CC being higher than .5 (time to shock?)
Temp= 76° (pool is in Mexico)