Fiberglass Pool Guy

Hi Jason:

I am a new fiberglass pool owner. It was installed in October so I have not been in it yet, but am excited about my choice. I previously owned a vinyl liner pool, and I did alot of studying before deciding on the Trilogy pool I now have. It is the first Trilogy pool to be placed here in Memphis. There was a time when fiberglass would have been my last choice, but the changes that have been made in these pools is amazing, and considering I wanted something small, not deeper than 6', easy to care for, etc., I felt, for me, it was the best choice. Around here, if you mention that you have a fiberglass pool, people tend to look at you funny. Its as if they think a fiberglass pool is an inferior and cheap product. What people may not realize is that this fiberglass pool cost me twice what my vinyl liner did and is smaller.

But, I do believe that the fiberglass pools will become more and more popular in areas that are a little scared of them. Having coping and a granicoat surface was important to me and I have gotten exactly the result I was looking for. The dark brown textured cantilevered coping is perfect for my natural setting, and the grey "zin" color gives me a natural blue/grey water color.

While researching pools, I have seen many of your Youtube videos and enjoyed your website. Thank you for the information you have provided to me.

This is a great website and I frequent it often to see what I can learn. I'm glad to know you are here to help with questions that may come about.

Right now..... I JUST WANT SPRINGTIME & SUMMER so that I can get my yard back together & see what my pool feels like when I can finally get in it.

Edie

Well, Jason, I guess my secret is out and you will know where I got my knowledge from. Glad to see you here.

Looking forward to the snow melt and the completion of my pool.

--Jim

Edie,
You renegade! Way to go fiberglass bud, you know what you wanted and got it. Trilogy makes a superb product, you'll love it.
I can relate to the 'funny look' everyone's giving you because we were the first to fully embrace fiberglass pools in central Virginia about 10 years ago and we spent the majority of our time educating the consumer about the benefits of fiberglass. It was always a battle between fiberglass and another type of pool. Oh how things have changed. Now folks know they want fiberglass, they just have to find the right company. Your area will be the same way in 5-10 years and you'll get to brag about being the pioneer. I'm glad the website and youtube videos have helped you. Please let me know if you ever need anything. Come on Spring....You want to swim and I want to build pools!

Winger 03 said:
Well, Jason, I guess my secret is out and you will know where I got my knowledge from. Glad to see you here.

Looking forward to the snow melt and the completion of my pool.

--Jim

Ahaaah....the truth comes out! Seems like you've come to the right place Jim, this forum is awesome. We'll get together soon. Take Care,
Jason