Chlorine & vinyl liners

DEBRAPONS said:
Just wondering how much chlorine is safe to add without damaging the vinyl liner?

When I remove the cover should I test my water and give you the numbers so you can tell me what I will need to ad?

Thank you.

how much chlorine is based on your CYA level, and what your water looks like (for example will the water be green when you open, etc.)

Yes, go ahead and test and post your numbers and we will help you figure things out. Have you used the pool calculator before?

I'm jealous, wish I was opening my pool too!!! :wink:

You can add what you need to achieve the chlorine level that you desire. The main thing is that you want to add it with the pump running so that the movement of the water disperses the chemicals. What you don't want is for the chemicals to sit on the floor of the pool because this is where liner problems can occur.

If you are adding powder, then disperse the powder around the perimeter of the pool evenly and then brush well to mix afterward. If you are adding liquid chlorine, you can pour it slowly in front of a return jet. It's also a good idea to brush after adding liquids too as this just helps distribute the chemicals further.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.