What is the best valve..

Apr 15, 2008
Edison, NJ
I want to replace the 2 valves on our above ground pool, the ones that came with the pool are not good, one lost the handle on the fist year and I now use pliers to open and close it.I want to stay away from the pvc valves. Can I use an industrial ball valve. or what does anyone recommend?

NJMarine

Sure you can use industrial ball valves. If cost is no object.

I'd go with all stainless steel if I were you. You might consider using PVC but instead of the cheap ones, get true union type valves. They're made for industrial service and you can replace individual parts if ever needed.

yea , I know ss valves are very expensive. Thanks for the tip I'll check out the true union valves. I was thinking SS but since I posted I found out my daughter, who's pool this is, just got laid off, so Dad my have to help out and money is more of a consideration than it was hours ago. Thanks for the tip, I really appreciate it , Semper Fi to all the Marines out there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.