Outdoor Fans - Needs to move air

Obviously, you were thinking in the lines of a ceiling fan, and that wil help.

I have a friend who has 2 water cooled fans. I'm not sure if they're just water cooled, or they actually emit water mist. I'm pretty sure that you it doesn't emit the water.

Hers machines are big, about 3'x3'x4.5'tall, with wheels for easy movement. You can put stuff on top of them, like a radio or food, etc.

I think HDepot used to sell them, but I haven't noticed them lately.

Also, looking for cool solutions here, so thought I'd mention this one.

Steve

my lil advice to anyone installing ceiling fans outdoors...

Make sure you install them as low as reasonably possible.

the last 2 houses i've had, my fans have been too high, and sometimes you can barely feel any air moving ...

good luck....

steve

I have 2 ceiling fans on my patio cover and they really don't do much. If it gets too hot for you, consider
installing a mister system. You can have them installed by a contractor or do it yourself. Kits are available
at Lowes or Home depot and they are not expensive. The better ones have a pump to increase the water
pressure. They will lower the temp on the patio 15 to 20 deg., some even install them around the pool
to make the air cooler, makes great fog.

Here, when it gets a little cooler out come the patio heaters.

Cliff s

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.