Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Outdoor Fans - Needs to move air

1. Back To Top    #1

Outdoor Fans - Needs to move air

Anyone have any good recommendations on an outdoor fan? I was thinking of a 6 blade that can move some good amounts of air. I found this Hunter 5 blade deal and it looks nice with some good blade options...

http://www.fanworksoutlet.com/ct_CGindi ... ements.htm
    My Pool - 18x24 fully setup Cabana, 22x48 gunite/quartz plaster (3-5-3 depth) & 8' spa w/ spill and 5' natural rock waterfall; Hayward DE filter/pumps/heater; Hayward Pro Logic controller; Phantom cleaner. Finished 06/01/07.

RedishConstruction.com

2. Back To Top    #2

we have a outdoor 5-blade, it does ok, but I'd love to find something that helps the covered patio cooler!
    My pool works thanks to TFP

Please support the site! pages/supporters/

It's cheaper than your first trip to the pool store!

3. Back To Top    #3

i went ahead and ordered the one above as someone raved on the higher powered motor and they seemed to like it, but with the space we have, i'm thinking of ordering a second one and that should help.
    My Pool - 18x24 fully setup Cabana, 22x48 gunite/quartz plaster (3-5-3 depth) & 8' spa w/ spill and 5' natural rock waterfall; Hayward DE filter/pumps/heater; Hayward Pro Logic controller; Phantom cleaner. Finished 06/01/07.

RedishConstruction.com

4. Back To Top    #4

Obviously, you were thinking in the lines of a ceiling fan, and that wil help.

I have a friend who has 2 water cooled fans. I'm not sure if they're just water cooled, or they actually emit water mist. I'm pretty sure that you it doesn't emit the water.

Hers machines are big, about 3'x3'x4.5'tall, with wheels for easy movement. You can put stuff on top of them, like a radio or food, etc.

I think HDepot used to sell them, but I haven't noticed them lately.

Also, looking for cool solutions here, so thought I'd mention this one.

Steve
    18,000 gallon gunite free form, with spa, 4x160, EasyTouch, SWCG, Pentair cartr filter, Colorlogic lights.

5. Back To Top    #5

Sorry for all the duplicate posts.

If you get a DEBUG Message, it DID post, don't keep fighting with it.

Here's the link for the machine I mentioned above... and no, I don't sell them, or even own one (yet), but worth looking at.

So called waycool cooling machine

Steve
    18,000 gallon gunite free form, with spa, 4x160, EasyTouch, SWCG, Pentair cartr filter, Colorlogic lights.

6. Back To Top    #6
    We bought this fan at BJ'sWholesale for $60. I could not find it in their website but they do sell it. http://www.bizrate.com/fans/holmes-18-i ... 413970419/
    It is very heavy duty and stylish. I keep it on low because it is powerful. Since it is portable I can position it anywhere.

I have two HomeDepot outdoor ceiling fans http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... reNum=8125 they are attractive and outdoor rated but don't push that much air.
    20x40 24,000 gal IG plaster/CircuPool RJ45 SWG/2 skimmer/2sp 2.5hp Jandy Stealth/340sq ft cart filter/600sqftHeliocol Solar Panels/6ft semi circlr tanning ledge/25ft deep end bench/5ft sheer descent/2 lion head water features/1300sqft travertine paver/2 Colorlogic lights/Hayward Navigator/3step 2ft raised bond beam

7. Back To Top    #7

thats interesting... i like that floor fan and will get one to go out there as well. thanks.

RedishConstruction.com

8. Back To Top    #8

my lil advice to anyone installing ceiling fans outdoors...

Make sure you install them as low as reasonably possible.

the last 2 houses i've had, my fans have been too high, and sometimes you can barely feel any air moving ...

good luck....

steve

9. Back To Top    #9
    I have 2 ceiling fans on my patio cover and they really don't do much. If it gets too hot for you, consider
    installing a mister system. You can have them installed by a contractor or do it yourself. Kits are available
    at Lowes or Home depot and they are not expensive. The better ones have a pump to increase the water
    pressure. They will lower the temp on the patio 15 to 20 deg., some even install them around the pool
    to make the air cooler, makes great fog.

Here, when it gets a little cooler out come the patio heaters.

Cliff s