No production from Jandy 1400 cell system

wewa

Feb 22, 2010
Looks like I have the exact same problem as you. :cry: {Split off of this topic. JasonLion}

No error codes, and no LEDs lit except Power LED, with an occasional 'Cell Reversing' lit.

Don't know if you recall, but the LCD display shows 'wait' on the lower right and the manual doesn't say exactly what that means or what its doing. :?:

There is no FC and so I have been adding jugs of clorox for now, as the pool is turning green.

You mentioned replacing pretty much everything, including plumbing?!

You said further error codes, how did you finally get error codes to appear?

Do I need to just buy a sensor? Or I need a whole new cell? I hope the control box and backboard is fine...

Is it true that the Jandy warranty for the APURE1400 is 2 years? Mine is not yet 2 years old.

Thanks.

Jandy Aquapure 1400 LCD display shows 'wait' on lower right

Topics Merged

I have gone thru the manual, but it does not tell me what the 'wait' indicator on the LCD display means.

What does 'wait' mean, exactly? :?:

Thank you.

I would suggest anytime your Salt Chlorine Generator is not showing a normal display and is under warranty, gather your serial number and call the manufacturer for service. They would be able to tell you if you still have warranty coverage. Do you have the initial date of installation from the builder or did you purchase a house with the Jandy on the pool already? Some warranties only cover the original purchaser.

A constant WAIT display is not normal, is it?
You would be best also, to make sure your water chemistry is adjusted to proper parameters first, to avoid any reason for them to deny warranty claims.

The "wait" display is what you get when the unit is first turned on "booting up" It should last for 4 min, then either go into cell reversing or cell on. Depending on what your percentage is set to, you may get a cell resting light as well. If your water temp is < 50 degrees, Chlorine production will cease, and you should get a code for that "Lo".

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.