Help removing Spa Air Button for troubleshooting

Feb 21, 2010
I have been trouble-shooting my gunite spa blower motor and I have narrowed the problem down to either the spa side air button, (best guess an Allied Innovations AIR BUTTON: #4 LITE TOUCH Black FOR GUNITE), or the air tube run from the spa to the switch. My question, has anyone removed one of these gunite mounted buttons? I am guessing that it will pry, not screw, out. I am worried that I will ruin the button or disconnect from the air hose when removing. Any experienced coaching is greatly appreciated!

It looks like you can get a replacement internal for that button, so if you can remove just the moving button part you should be able to blow into it the body to test the tube, however...

I'd suggest going ahead and buying both the button and the tube and replacing both. It will cost an extra $15 and you'll know it's all good. Both button and tubing are prone to degradation and I'd hate for you to have fixed one just to have a problem with the other next season. And the best part is you don't have to worry about the integrity of your button when you remove it! They get installed all kinds of ways around here: glued onto the conduit, poured in place, not secured at all, or into the spa side with the retainer nut.

Can you send a picture of this?
I might have the same issue but not sure what your specific issue is and the procedure.
Thanks

Does anyone know how to remove the housing of a len gordon #4 air button? It's stuck inside the 1" PVC pipe. I'm replacing both internal and external button. Also what's the best method to replace the hose. I pulled out the old one easily, but since the hose at the button end slipped off and retracted inside, I was not able to tie a string to it before pulling it out. Should I use a snake or a shop vacuum to suck a string tied to a small piece of plastic bag? Any advise. It's about 50 feet long.

Does anyone know how to remove the housing of a len gordon #4 air button? It's stuck inside the 1" PVC pipe. I'm replacing both internal and external button. Also what's the best method to replace the hose. I pulled out the old one easily, but since the hose at the button end slipped off and retracted inside, I was not able to tie a string to it before pulling it out. Should I use a snake or a shop vacuum to suck a string tied to a small piece of plastic bag? Any advise. It's about 50 feet long.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.