Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I have a new pool and I cannot get the ph down.

1. Back To Top    #1

I have a new pool and I cannot get the ph down.

I am having trouble getting my ph down . I have been using regular bleach and am trying to stick with the bbb method only but I did use an algecide in my pool when I came home from a two week vacation and have also put stabilizer and a treatment for the hard water. I had a pool once before but never had this much trouble with the chemicals. Can somone help me. I have an above ground 24'x52" round pool.
    Thank You

2. Back To Top    #2
    Can you post all of your test numbers? High alkalinity can cause the PH to be constantly rising. What "treatment for the hard water" did you use? Nothing else you mentioned would have a significant effect on PH.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    I will post numbers later and I will also get the exact name for the treatment for hard water. The alkaline is way off the chart also. I cannot seem to get them down. What am I doing wrong?

4. Back To Top    #4

What are you using to try to bring the pH down? Muriatic acid?
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.