Converting a Polaris Eos to a Aqualink RS

soxlover

In The Industry
Jan 20, 2008
Southern California
Here is the situation. I moved into a house and the pool has a Polaris Eos automation system, Polaris salt system, wireless antennae, and various other equipment. I have not been able to find the wireless remote or the charging base, and am starting to think it's gone. I believe my options are these:

1. Buy a new Eos remote and charging base. I don't know if I want to spend the $ on obsolete equipment.
2. Convert to an Aqualink with a conversion kit from Jandy. I've heard this may not communicate with the salt system.
3. Just replace the whole controller with another one. I like the Easytouch. Any suggestions?

Have you looked at the pricing?

The MSRP on the EOS remote and charging base is over $1300.

The 8 relay conversion kit seems to come with a PDA for $1065. I could be wrong but that's how I read the 2010 catalog. There was no mention of the salt cell.

Something sounds wrong there. It might be worth shooting an email to the support team at Jandy/Zodiac for further qualification.

Scott

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.