Hey everyone

Feb 18, 2010
Houston, TX
Hello, new here. I found this site from the Poolforum, lots of great info here! My wife and I got a used hot tub a couple weeks ago, and pump issues got me to finally register. We live in Dayton, Tx, about 30 minutes north of Houston. We used to have a 15' Intex metal frame, but because of our water quality (6ppm+ iron) and a extremely inferior pump, we got tired of fighting it and took it down. She wanted a hot tub, and well, we got one. I'm sure I'll enjoy it too! :mrgreen: Anyways, that's what's going on with me, hopefully I can contribute something here as well.

cheddar85 said:
Hello, new here. I found this site from the Poolforum, lots of great info here! My wife and I got a used hot tub a couple weeks ago, and pump issues got me to finally register. We live in Dayton, Tx, about 30 minutes north of Houston. We used to have a 15' Intex metal frame, but because of our water quality (6ppm+ iron) and a extremely inferior pump, we got tired of fighting it and took it down. She wanted a hot tub, and well, we got one. I'm sure I'll enjoy it too! :mrgreen: Anyways, that's what's going on with me, hopefully I can contribute something here as well.
Welcome, cheddar :-D
What type of hot tub did you get? and how did you resolved the iron issue on filling it?

We haven't filled it yet, have to let the ground dry out some before I build the cabinet for it. Between rain and a water line breaking, the backyard has been a mud pit the past week or so. I'll use the water softener to fill it though, it was just a hassle using it for the pool. Surprisingly, our 30 year old softener still works pretty good, it just needs a little more salt to recharge each time now.