Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hey everyone

1. Back To Top    #1

Hey everyone

Hello, new here. I found this site from the Poolforum, lots of great info here! My wife and I got a used hot tub a couple weeks ago, and pump issues got me to finally register. We live in Dayton, Tx, about 30 minutes north of Houston. We used to have a 15' Intex metal frame, but because of our water quality (6ppm+ iron) and a extremely inferior pump, we got tired of fighting it and took it down. She wanted a hot tub, and well, we got one. I'm sure I'll enjoy it too! Anyways, that's what's going on with me, hopefully I can contribute something here as well.
    John

24' round Vogue AGP 12,000 gal. Flotec AT251001-01 1HP pump, Hayward S310T2 sand filter, Aquarite SWG T-15
    TF-100 (found at TF Test Kits) with Speedstir and Samplesizer

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hey everyone

Hey cheddar, welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks, I felt welcome here before I even registered!
    John

24' round Vogue AGP 12,000 gal. Flotec AT251001-01 1HP pump, Hayward S310T2 sand filter, Aquarite SWG T-15

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by cheddar85
    Thanks, I felt welcome here before I even registered!
    That is a compliment to the entire TFP community
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by cheddar85
    Hello, new here. I found this site from the Poolforum, lots of great info here! My wife and I got a used hot tub a couple weeks ago, and pump issues got me to finally register. We live in Dayton, Tx, about 30 minutes north of Houston. We used to have a 15' Intex metal frame, but because of our water quality (6ppm+ iron) and a extremely inferior pump, we got tired of fighting it and took it down. She wanted a hot tub, and well, we got one. I'm sure I'll enjoy it too! Anyways, that's what's going on with me, hopefully I can contribute something here as well.
    Welcome, cheddar
    What type of hot tub did you get? and how did you resolved the iron issue on filling it?
    14,555 gal in-ground 16'x29' white plaster Pool w/spa (2007); Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/Aqua Cell 15 Salt Water Chlorination (SWCG); Hayward TriStar 1HP (1.85 SF) main / 1.5HP (1.60 SF) spa pumps; Hayward Swimclear cart filter C4025, ColorLogic LED lights; Tankless SP-18-4 electric heater; Polaris 280 cleaner.
    __
    View of spiral galaxy in Ursa Major NGC6217 - Hubble Telescope 2009

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by polyvue
    What type of hot tub did you get? and how did you resolved the iron issue on filling it?
    On spas & hot tubs there are things called "fill sticks" that attach the end of the garden hose to removes metals and such. PristineBlue makes one. Some limited info can be found by scrolling down this page: http://www.pristineblue.com/products.asp
    Josh Ulfers - TFP Supporting Vendor - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

7. Back To Top    #7

We haven't filled it yet, have to let the ground dry out some before I build the cabinet for it. Between rain and a water line breaking, the backyard has been a mud pit the past week or so. I'll use the water softener to fill it though, it was just a hassle using it for the pool. Surprisingly, our 30 year old softener still works pretty good, it just needs a little more salt to recharge each time now.
    John