Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First post, need help with pump

1. Back To Top    #1

First post, need help with pump

I've been lurking here for awhile, finally decided to register. Guess that's what happens when someone needs help. :P Anyhow, we just got a used hot tub a couple weeks ago, and one of the pumps is broken. I knew that when we got it, that's why it was so cheap! Well, the plastic piece inside where all the wires connect to is broken, other than that I'm pretty sure the pump is fine. I just can't for the life of me remember what that piece is called! Does anyone here know what it's called and where online I might find one?

The pump is a 3HP Magnetek.

Thanks for your help, I really love this site! Lots of info you can't get anywhere else, much less a pool store!
    John

24' round Vogue AGP 12,000 gal. Flotec AT251001-01 1HP pump, Hayward S310T2 sand filter, Aquarite SWG T-15
    TF-100 (found at TF Test Kits) with Speedstir and Samplesizer

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: First post, need help with pump

Hi cheddar, welcome to TFP.

I'm guessing you're talking about the section of the motor where the lines (i.e. L1, L2) actually hook up? Here is a photo of a motor to help you point out what you're talking about: http://media.photobucket.com/image/pool ... Motor1.jpg

If not, can you take some photos and post or link to them?
    Josh Ulfers - TFP Supporting Vendor - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

3. Back To Top    #3

Yeah that one, except the pump I have is a little different. The pic you posted is what I'm used to seeing, with the points up top and such. My pump has a strip of metal attached to the piece I need, and the points are on it also. I just don't want to throw away a perfectly good pump for a $10 part, you know? I'll try to get a pic on here in a little while.
    John

24' round Vogue AGP 12,000 gal. Flotec AT251001-01 1HP pump, Hayward S310T2 sand filter, Aquarite SWG T-15

4. Back To Top    #4

It's called a terminal board. I have a distributor that carries them but I'm not having any luck finding them online. I'll keep an eye out. You might have some luck checking with local pool & electrical stores to see if they've got a motor like yours in the trash heap that they'd let you butcher.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by spishex
    It's called a terminal board. I have a distributor that carries them but I'm not having any luck finding them online. I'll keep an eye out. You might have some luck checking with local pool & electrical stores to see if they've got a motor like yours in the trash heap that they'd let you butcher.

Terminal board! Finally, that 3 day brain fart is over! The more I tried to remember, the harder it seemed. Anyways, I've tried everywhere around here and they all told me they can't get a lot of them anymore, mine included. And they definitely won't let me tear one apart they've got laying around, they would all rather me buy a new motor from them. I'll keep searching for a few days, and if nothing turns up, just go ahead and buy a new motor. If anyone else has any ideas, let me know, thanks.
    John

6. Back To Top    #6

Can you post a pic of the one you've got?

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

Here are the ones that I could find: http://optimusparts.com/onlinecatalog20 ... g/g-14.pdf
    Josh Ulfers - TFP Supporting Vendor - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

8. Back To Top    #8

Here's the pics...with some superglue and a piece of spare plastic I rigged it up! It works!
    It may not last long but it's worth a shot, right? Now tomorrow I gotta go get a new impeller since I broke it trying to get it off the shaft. That thing was seized on there so bad I figured I'd just take a pair of pliers and a screwdriver to it! I can get a new one here in town for about 10 bucks, lot better than a new motor! I've got an extra shaft seal here from the last pump I fixed so I'm good to go.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47779136@N08/sets/
    John

9. Back To Top    #9

Re: First post, need help with pump *UPDATE*

I just wanted to thank everyone who helped me, and everyone else who contributes to this forum! If it wasn't for all of you, the rest of us would probably still be 'pool stored'. Times are tough right now, but as soon as the we get the hot tub up and running, I'll definitely be getting my TF test kit, and as soon as I have money to spare I'll be supporting this site too. Not just for me, but for everyone here! Hopefully I won't need too much more help here, and I'll contribute here any way I can.

Take care!
    John

10. Back To Top    #10

Well done Cheddar. We'll see you around.