SWG Disclosure

CraigC

Feb 18, 2010
I am new to this forum and can appreciate the education it provides pool owners. I was wondering if there is a Salt Water Disclosure Form available to inform pool buyers of the pros, cons and maintenance issues of saltwater pools before installation.

Hello Craig and welcome to TFP. :wave:

If you're talking about a pool with a salt water chlorine generator. I've never seen a disclosure form. Maintenance, pros, cons, etc are pretty much like a pool without one. There is a section in pool school strictly for pools with SWG's. What exactly are you looking for?

I was wondering if there was some sort of written form a pool builder could provide a customer disclosing side effects, materials not to use and maintenance required if a pool has a SWG. Seems if everything was disclosed up front a lot of the issues posted could be eliminated.

CraigC said:
I was wondering if there was some sort of written form a pool builder could provide a customer disclosing side effects, materials not to use and maintenance required if a pool has a SWG. Seems if everything was disclosed up front a lot of the issues posted could be eliminated.

I don't believe we anything like that around here. I'm sure some of the members could chime in with their thoughts on what could or should be included. There are a few builders who read the forums so maybe they will have something to help you with.

One of the main things I see that some builders, service people, retailers, etc. say is that a salt system will eliminate the need for any and all chemial balancing including pH, Alk, etc. Just be honest with the customer and tell them the true benefits of a chlorine generator while telling them that all other aspects of pool care (pH, Alk, Caclium) still need to be maintained on any type of chemical system including a chlorine generator. The owners manual of a good salt system should go over much of this also. AutoPilot's owners manuals are very informative in this area.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.