wiring and Suntouch and intelliflo VF

Oct 17, 2009
WoyWoy Australia
Hi ,

Ive bought an intelliflo VF and want to get a suntouch to control the solar heating , to run external programme 1 on the VF do I use the AUX 3 on the suntouch or the Com port which has yellow and green outputs for the Comm cable to the pump ?

Just that instructions say to use Aux 3 to control the 4 speed pump , but dont mention the VF thou the Suntouch solar pamphlet does say its supports the VF .

thanx Daved

While the VF is plugged into the SunTouch, you will only be able to access VS features, but when you unplug the comm cable or go into service mode the VF features will reappear on the pumps control panel.

Ok well , so I would lose filter mode , Vacuum and the ablity to set Gpm and only have speed settings ? . If I just use the suntouch to open the solar valve the VF will increase to push the water up the 20 foot or so to the solarpanels , but Ive heard the VF can be finicky doing this ? . Guess I will just have to try and see .

edit ; just being looking at the intellicomm II would this conected to the solar valve actuator rely on the suntouch work keeping the VF functions ? my reading of the instructions seems to infer this .

Thanks JasonLion you must be kept busy here . :goodjob:

Yes, if you get an IntelliComm II, you can retain your VF features and still control the pump from the SunTouch. If you haven't bought the system yet, you might want to consider getting an EasyTouch system instead of a SunTouch and IntelliComm II, that gives you direct control of the VF features from the automation system. With the SunTouch & IntelliComm II, you get up to four modes on the pump, which need to be programmed on the pump control panel. The SunTouch can then switch between the four modes. With an EasyTouch you get complete control of the speed/mode directly on the remote.

Thanks JL
yes Ive bought the suntouch cuase on the Pentair website it said compatible with VF , which I suppose it is but thet dont tell you it cripples it like that !! . still least the IntelliComm II Interface Adapter isnt too expensive , an EasyTouch system just seemed so much more than I needed .

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.