Getting ready to order a kit for the new season

VoR

Jun 30, 2009
San Diego, CA
I was just over at TFtestkits and noticed they say the kit's contents have changed for 2010, just curious if anyone know what has changed?

Also is the XL kit worth it or will the reagents go bad before I have a chance to use them all? I'm in SoCal so we have a longer season, but no heater all sun. And I am using Borates so I plan on adding the test strips.

Thanks

Dave can give you the exact changes, but they changed the quantities of some of the reagents to better match the amount used in the real world. Unless you do a lot of testing the standard kit should be all you need.

Having said that if the XL kit had been an option when I ordered it would have paid me to get it. Suffice it to say, I do a lot of testing, even to the point of testing friends and family's pool's. Yeah, I know I'm crazy! :) I think I've ordered some of the refills twice.

FAS-DPD and CYA are my most used reagents. I've ordered double of those. after about a year I finally need to order R-0014 pH phenol red, and a couple for the CH test, R-0011 & R-0012. The refills are reasonable and if you order several, the shipping is good.

If I remember correctly, the 2010 TF100 includes more FC/CC and CYA reagents compared to the 2007-2009 version.

If the test kit is properly stored, in a cool dark place with uniform temperatures year round, the reagents will be good for several years.

The XL kit is best for people with special needs for extra FC/CC reagents, for example if you are doing a baquacil conversion, frequently testing friends pools, fighting algae with very high CYA levels, test FC/CC more than once a day, etc.

VoR,

Confirming what's already been said, the CYA reagent and the Chlorine testing reagent have been doubled in the new kits.

Same price as last year.

The TF-100XL doubles those same two reagents again....in other words, 4 times as much as the old kits from last year. As Jason said, unless you suspect unusually high usage, the XL is probably a little overkill.

Not to get into a sales pitch, but don't worry about the chemistry going bad...it won't.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.