Choosing the right SWG

Oct 31, 2008
Hey TFP, I am in the process of buying swg i have 24,500 gal vinyl pool grecian shape my question is should I go with 25000 gal swg or up to 40,000 ? I'm looking at one of the Haywood products.
Edited to remove all caps. JasonLion

If you can afford it go with the 40K model. The cell will last longer. Also for nominal chlorine usage (2 ppm per day) you will either have to run the unit at 100% (at a 9 hour pump run) or run the filter 24 hours a day. The larger cell gives you more flexability.

Probably someone with more knowledge than I will want to know where you live and how much sun and use your pool gets. But since you are boarderline, I also think most will recommend the 40k unit.

For me, I went with a SWG that was rated for twice the sized pool. The main reason is that I am one of those people who run their pool pump the minimum required time and so need a higher chlorine output for the short time it is on. My PB was all ready to put in the smaller unit assuming that I'd run my pump 8 to 12 hours per day like most people. I went up in pipe size, up in SWG rating, and down in pump HP.

You will want to go with a 40,000 gallon unit (Goldline's T-CELL-15 cell version) / (Goldline & Hayward are the same company). As mentioned above a smaller sized cell would result in longer pump run times (possibly 24/7 @ peak times) and running the cell @ 100% output. When you run your cell @ 100% you will see premature wear and then premature replacement times.

The cost of the actual Goldline AquaRite power supply/control unit itself won't be affected by the cell size, just the cell cost will go up a bit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.