Help with spa jets

velazed said:
I re-checked the pool, spa, solar heater preassures and these are the results;

Normal Operating Pressure Range;
A) Without Filter Cartridge;
1) Solar Heater (SH) OFF & Pool mode only: 12 psi.
2) SH ON & Pool node only: 19 psi

3)SH OFF & only SPA mode: 24 psi.
4)SH ON & only SPA mode: 25 psi.

B) With Filter cartridge;
1) Solar Heater (SH) OFF & Pool mode only: 12 psi.
2) SH ON & Pool mode only: 19 psi

3) SH OFF & only SPA mode: 24 psi.
4) SH ON & only SPA mode: 25 psi.

I hope this help you guys.

Thanks
ed

Those numbers make a lot more sense. Just to make sure, are these measurements with the jets installed? I had expected about 21 PSI for spa mode so it is a bit high but not that high to affect flow rate by an appreciable amount (<10%). At 24 PSI, the flow rate would be about 68 GPM @ 71' of head. That is about 17 GPM per jet which is a little low for 1/2" jets but they should still aspirate. Scott has a few good suggestions to check for clogs so start there.

Btw, the jet nozzle is inside of the that fitting usually close to the surface but can be further back. Remove the outer fitting and look inside the jet housing, you should be able to see the nozzle. Also, the jet size is based upon the nozzle orifice not the directional eyeball fitting so I suspect that the nozzle size is less than 1/2".

Remove the direction eyeball from the wall. If the inserted section stays, find a screw driver handle that just fits in. Lifting and pushing up and down and gently pulling in the inserted fitting will walk it out. Look in the spa wall pipe. It will be immediately apparent to you.

Scott

Mas985 & Scott,

Thanks for your inputs.
The size of the direction eyeball is 3/4" not 1/2".
I bought this size to try to increase preassure, in the past the spa only have the pipe comming out the wall and a cap without eyeball.

ed

velazed said:
Mas985 & Scott,

Thanks for your inputs.
The size of the direction eyeball is 3/4" not 1/2".
I bought this size to try to increase preassure, in the past the spa only have the pipe comming out the wall and a cap without eyeball.

ed

It is the nozzle inside of the eyeball which sets the pressure, not the eyeball itself. The eyeball is only meant to direct the flow. The 3/4" eyeball may be making things slightly worse and not better by restricting the flow rate after the nozzle. The jets should still aspirate without the eyeballs. I suspect that you may have 3/8" to 7/16" nozzles inside of the fitting pipe based upon the pressure readings. It is the nozzle that needs to removed to check if there is any stuck debris.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.