Bought house with pool...what am i working with?

Feb 13, 2010
Redlands, CA
Here are a few pics of equipment. Think there is an SWG in there. Some kind of crontroller. 2 separate pumps i think but not sure why. A big ol filter and a heater not sure if its gas or electric. And a whole lot of pvc pipe.

Was wondering if anyone could tell me what exactly some of these are and if anything stands out as a piece of junk that ought to be replaced.

Will post pic of pool with attached Hot tub not sure on dimensions. Water needs a little tender loving care. Pool is only a couple of years old.

only 3 pics per message more to come shortly

Attachments

• 20100215-34-Edit.jpg
    20100215-34-Edit.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 50
  • 20100215-32-Edit.jpg
    20100215-32-Edit.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 20100215-30-Edit.jpg
    20100215-30-Edit.jpg
    428 KB · Views: 52
Yes, can be intimidating. There is a Goldline Aqua-rite swg inline after heater. Is a Goldline Aqua-Logic controller. Can get online manuals at Haywardpoolproducts.com

Second pump could be for water features or in floor cleaning system.

Rest of equipment is all Pentairpoolproducts.com
Whisperflo pumps, 4000 series DE filter, Minimax pool heater.

Heater looks to be gas, look for gas pipe plumbed to leftside of heater,ankle height.

Cleaning filter will help in turning the pool around. Plus chemicals

Welcome to TFP!!

Looks to be a nice set up :cool:

The one thing the pics don't show is the valve for the filter :?

Looks like you had a leak at the motor to pump housing at some point, is it taken care of?

Thanks for joining us here, you honestly can't go wrong with the good folks here :!:

Thanks for the quick responses.

Ill take a look at the valve for the filter and I see what you are talking about with the motor to pump housing. The house is bank owned so they have zero clue about any prior history the pump may have had. So I guess time will tell if there is still an issue. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Richard

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.