Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bought house with pool...what am i working with?

1. Back To Top    #1

Bought house with pool...what am i working with?

Here are a few pics of equipment. Think there is an SWG in there. Some kind of crontroller. 2 separate pumps i think but not sure why. A big ol filter and a heater not sure if its gas or electric. And a whole lot of pvc pipe.

Was wondering if anyone could tell me what exactly some of these are and if anything stands out as a piece of junk that ought to be replaced.

Will post pic of pool with attached Hot tub not sure on dimensions. Water needs a little tender loving care. Pool is only a couple of years old.

only 3 pics per message more to come shortly
    Attached Images Attached Images
    18000 gallon IGP rectangular-ish with attatched spa, pebble tec, pentair 4000 DE filter, whisperflo 2hp dual speed pump, 3/4 hp whisperflo for water feature, aqualogic ps4 controller with SWCG, 48" Guardian Premier pool fence with self closing gate

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bought house with pool...what am i working with?

More pics
    18000 gallon IGP rectangular-ish with attatched spa, pebble tec, pentair 4000 DE filter, whisperflo 2hp dual speed pump, 3/4 hp whisperflo for water feature, aqualogic ps4 controller with SWCG, 48" Guardian Premier pool fence with self closing gate

3. Back To Top    #3

More pics

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Yes, can be intimidating. There is a Goldline Aqua-rite swg inline after heater. Is a Goldline Aqua-Logic controller. Can get online manuals at Haywardpoolproducts.com

Second pump could be for water features or in floor cleaning system.

Rest of equipment is all Pentairpoolproducts.com
    Whisperflo pumps, 4000 series DE filter, Minimax pool heater.

Heater looks to be gas, look for gas pipe plumbed to leftside of heater,ankle height.

Cleaning filter will help in turning the pool around. Plus chemicals
    Mike
    River Brook Pools & Spas, Inc.
    www.riverbrookpools.com

5. Back To Top    #5

Looks like a great start (pebble bottom and (mostly!) all Pentair equipment)! Some TLC and that will be a beautiful back yard!

Congrats

6. Back To Top    #6

to my untrained eye, all the equipment and plumbing look to be in great shape. Even the water is not too bad, considering the dark pebble surface! This will be gorgeous once you get your water cleaned up... read here for that: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-...efeating_algae

Congrats on the new pool, and welcome to TFP!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome to TFP!!

Looks to be a nice set up

The one thing the pics don't show is the valve for the filter

Looks like you had a leak at the motor to pump housing at some point, is it taken care of?

Thanks for joining us here, you honestly can't go wrong with the good folks here
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks for the quick responses.

Ill take a look at the valve for the filter and I see what you are talking about with the motor to pump housing. The house is bank owned so they have zero clue about any prior history the pump may have had. So I guess time will tell if there is still an issue. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Richard

9. Back To Top    #9

In the Industry

The urls above aren't going to the Hayward & Pentair sites. It should be http://haywardnet.com & http://pentairpool.com.
    Josh Ulfers - TFP Supporting Vendor - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps