Change Water, start fresh... please help.

This is my fourth time filling this pool, every time I used to bring in the water sample to the Shasta store and they would send me home with hundreds of dollars of chemicals.
Now I know what they are, I used the Pool Calculator to figure out how much.
Borax is for the borates, might as well start up with it since I'm using this additive for the algaestatic properties.
Shasta's way was to keep the chlorine level low, like 1.5-2.0, and use algaecide from the get go.
According to the info here, I should be running higher like 3.0- 5.0 !! Methinks I'll start at the low end of that range and see how it goes.
Was a little worried, the low salt warning returned. I tested and found that I was right at the low end of the manufacturer's range for my unit, 2250 - 2700.
So kudos to the pool calculator, this is exactly where I planned on being.
I added another half a bag of salt and now it is doing fine. Added another gallon of acid and am now at 7.4
Chlorine is non-existent but that should change by tomorrow.
Soon as I see a little yellow I'll do all the tests and see what has to be adjusted.
So far so good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.