You might remember me from my pool build a few years ago -- thank you again for all of the advice.
My father in now in the process of building a pool house with an indoor pool (North of San Diego). The idea is that it will stay cleaner and warmer -- the warmth allowing year-round use without paying to heat it for 6-8 months. The pool building is in construction and the pool dig starts this next week. Here's some info on the pool and building:
- wood-framed building with opening skylights.
- CMU block will extend up 16" from deck to keep the water way from the wood.
- Equipment will be outside
- pool is about 650 square feet
- planned for 540 square feet of south facing solar
- will be a salt pool
- sport pool 3.5 ft - 5 ft - 4 ft.
- attached spa with spillover
- Pentair 400 propane heater
- Pentair VS pump
- probably a Quad DE 100 filter
- IC-40 salt chlorinator
- Intellitouch I7 controls
- how well will the solar function year round? (80% -- no wind, no sun)
- what wall covering (plaster, etc) is best for inside? (mold, etc)
- what are the specific issues with chemicals and an indoor pool?
I'll get some pictures when it's done.
Thanks for any input you might have.