Help picking new pump/filter

Hi there! All winter ive been looking around at a new filter/pump for my pool (its a Intex AG pool, 18'X42" - apx 8000 gallons) and i finally decided on Hayward S244T Pro-Series 24-Inch Top Mount Sand Filter. I just took a trip to my local pool guy to check it out in person and relised, its HUGE (and i mean, REALLY HUGE) the pump was 1 1/2 HP. After finding you guys and looking around im seeing people with 20K gal pools using 1/2 hp pumps and it got me to thinking i need to go for a smaller pump.

What pump/filter would you guys recommend? any input greatly appreciated, was all ready to hit the trigger till i saw it :(

Thanks for the help!
(If it matters i also just got a intex salt generator - somthing with the same connections would be great :p )

Welcome to TFP :wave: I am not an expert at providing answers to your questions however someone with substantially more experience and knowledge will come by. I think that posting pics and giving more info on the size make and model of all of your pool equipment would be very helpful :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.