poool pump

Feb 12, 2010
OK, I attached pictures of my pool pump at the following link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/47490287@N ... 352170724/

here's my problem, when i turn on the pump, it sends a break to the circuit box. So it won't turn on. I removed the pump from the hosing and checked it and check the o-ring and placed it back but it won't turn on, could the pump be fryed?

If so, where can i just buy the pump and not the entire skimmer basket and stuff. I have a 15,000 gallon pool, this is a 1.5HP pump. please help :)

Welcome to TFP!!

Just a quick point on terminology :cool: :

When you say 'pump' I think you mean motor

When you say 'skimmer basket and stuff', I think you're referring to the pump housing.

You can buy just the replacement motor for your pump and have it installed, or do it yourself, if you're handy with electrical connections (there are some posts here that talk you through it). The shaft seal assembly will need to be replaced if you change out the motor!!!

Sounds like the motor has some sort of electrical issue :( As such, it's be best to have an expert check the motor and figure out the best solution :cool:

Sorry on my terminology, I meant motor. I already took it off, it was easy. I need to know if I should have it repaired or replaced? What's the price of each?

Reason I ask is, I've been looking for a motor online and i see the entire pump housing, I just need the motor.

suggestions????

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.