LifeTime Supporter
Feb 23, 2008
Argyle, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Whoa! I will post pictures as soon as it is light enough to take some.

We have had a pretty incredible snow storm here in North Texas over the last 24 hours. So much so in fact, that the NWS has advised that as of 4 a.m., DFW Airport has measured 12.5 inches of snow. This breaks the previous all-time record for snowfall in a 24 hour period here :shock:.

Although DFW is the official reporting point for weather almanac purposes, some areas here in the metroplex have recorded up up to 14.2 inches (Parker County).

I have several large limbs down in both the front and the back yard, as do my neighbors so it looks like the Husqvarna chain saw will be getting a workout today or tomorrow. Luckily, my area still has power and this is due in large part to the fact that my neighborhood is new enough that all power is delivered underground. Standing outside in the dark last night, it was easy to see power flashes around the city from heavy tree limbs contacting wires overhead.

How is everybody else in the DFW area doing this morning? If you have pics to share, that would be good. Take care and stay warm!

The palm trees don't like it. And to think that I knocked the snow off of them last night before going to bed and almost fell in the pool during the process.

Attachments

• snow2010 046resized.JPG
    snow2010 046resized.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 15
  • snow2010 048resized.JPG
    snow2010 048resized.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 17
Not liking it at ALL! Not a fan of shoveling snow, but unless I wanted to clean dog poop off the floor, I had to go out last night and clear an area for the dog to potty. She is only about 12" high at the top of her head, and she refused to navigate through the 8"-10" of snow that had accumulated in my back yard.

We still have power, but I was really sweating it last night watching the snow weigh down tree limbs against the power line coming to my house. Beauty aside, I'm glad it's over. I don't know how you guys up north put up with that for months at a time!

no-mas said:
Beez said:
...Beauty aside, I'm glad it's over. I don't know how you guys up north put up with that for months at a time!

Amen, Brother!

Double Amen here :whoot:
It is 44 degrees and dropping raining and nasty with possibly snow flurries. :( All I can do is have cocktails in the Flamingo Lounge and watch the pool light show :goodjob: How I wish for warm weather :cheers: :cheers:

It's a gorgeous picture. Not everyday you get to see an open pool with snow surrounding it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.